Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Dixie
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 5:45 AM EDT on August 02, 2015
Expires 10:15 AM EDT on August 02, 2015
1013 PM EDT Sat Aug 1 2015
... A Flood Warning remains in effect until 1015 am EDT Sunday for
Dixie and southeastern Taylor counties...
At 541 am EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
moderate to heavy rain developing over the warned area. Numerous
roads remain flooded across the area and with more rainfall moving
ashore... the threat for additional flooding will increase.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Cross City... Steinhatchee... Suwannee... Horseshoe Beach... Old Town...
Howell Place... Yellow Jacket... Jena... Tennille... Fanning
Springs... Shired Island... Jonesboro... and Hines.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. When encountering flooded roads make the
smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 2932 8315 2938 8320 2936 8321 2942 8322
2943 8322 2943 8328 2948 8332 2949 8333
2952 8340 2967 8341 2976 8359 2987 8343
2982 8335 2971 8295 2961 8297 2959 8294
2956 8295 2935 8306 2929 8317
The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has issued a
* Flood Warning for the Steinhatchee River near Steinhatchee (us 19).
* From this evening, or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:45 PM Saturday the stage was 12.1 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.2 feet.
* Forecast: rise above flood stage before midnight and continue to rise
to near 15.2 feet by Monday morning.
* Impact: at 12.2 feet water begins to flood downstream at Steinhatchee
Falls Park. Minor flooding of roads begins along River Road NE. Water
will begin to encroach onto the yards of residences in the Ancient Oaks
community in Steinhatchee.
Lat... Lon 2982 8335 2973 8337 2968 8343 2964 8340 2967 8333 2982 8328
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:22 AM EDT on August 02, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 02, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of the Florida Big Bend... including
Dixie... Taylor... and Lafayette counties.
* Through this evening
* flooding was already occurring in portions of Taylor and Dixie
counties... where rainfall totals during the day on Saturday
reached 5 to 7 inches with locally heavier amounts. Additional
amounts 4 to 6 inches are likely today into this
evening... bringing storm totals... since Friday... of 15 to 20
inches in some areas. Flash flooding will remain a threat
through Sunday evening.
* Even where flash flooding does not occur... there may still be
areas of standing water in low lying and poor drainage areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued. Avoid driving through
flooded roads. As a precaution... park vehicles on higher ground.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory