Current Watches and Warnings
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 10:05 PM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on August 29, 2014
... High rip current risk remains in effect through Friday
* timing... now through Friday.
* Impacts... surf heights of 3 to 6 feet and increasing period
and swell will result in frequent life threatening rip
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current. ..begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Statement as of 11:35 PM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 1:15 AM EDT on August 29, 2014
... Significant weather advisory for...
southeastern Kenedy County in deep south Texas.
Northeastern Willacy County in deep south Texas.
Until 1215 am CDT...
at 1136 PM CDT... National Weather Service meteorologists detected a
strong thunderstorm... 6 miles east of Port Mansfield... moving
northwest at 10 mph.
This storm is capable of producing...
gusty winds of 30 to 40 mph.
Torrential rainfall rates of one to two inches per hour.
Locations impacted include...
Monitor NOAA Weather Radio... local media... or weather.Gov for
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Areal Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Hampshire - High Surf Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement